To all frequent travellers from KL to Johor (by flights), here is a quick flight comparison special for you! While Malaysia Airlines is having a time-limited promotion on the flight from Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru from RM130 (all-in one-way fare), why not have a look at AirAsia promotional flights to the same destination. Interestingly, you can even book a Premium Flatbed with AirAsia by topping up an extra RM9 (AirAsia Premium Flatbed all-in one-way fare from Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru is only RM139).
First, let’s have a look at the Malaysia Airlines Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru promotion.
Malaysia Airlines Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru Promotion (All-in One-way fare from RM130)
Here is a screenshot from Malaysia Airlines booking page (taken on 21 January 2018). The cheapest Malaysia Airlines from Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru cost you RM118.72 (not including taxes and fees) for an economy promo class flight.
If you click on compare fare features, you will see the information as shown below. For the Economy Promo seat, you will get 30kg baggage weight allowance and 25 to 85% of Enrich Miles, other than that is not included.
Now, let’s head to AirAsia website to do some comparison. The following is a screenshot taken on 21 January 2018 from AirAsia Promotion Page.
AirAsia Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru Premium Flatbed (All-in One-way fare from RM139)
You will see a drastic difference in price for the same destination (in this case, from Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru). It only costs AirAsia RM49 (All-in one-way fare) to fly to Johor, and if you are fancy enough, get a premium flatbed for only RM139!
So, what is AirAsia Premium Flatbed?
Yes, it means you will have plenty of space on board as it sounds. The Premium Flatbed seat is designed to recline to become a full flatbed when you want to get a nap on the flight. On top of that, you will be entitled to a privacy screen, an adjustable head and footrest, as well as a pillow and duvet for maximum comfort. It also comes with a reading light and universal power port.
You will also receive the following when you choose the Premium Flatbed for your AirAsia X flight:
- 40kg of checked baggage for all your storage needs. No more holding back on packing!
- Complimentary meals included allowing you to choose from a wide selection of meals, snacks, and drinks to keep you satisfied on board.
- Enjoy plenty of legroom when you choose from any of the 12 Premium Flatbed seats in rows 1 – 2.
- Snuggle with a fluffy pillow and soft duvet for a homey experience.
- Unlimited flight changes up to 2 hours before your original departure time, and 4 hours before your new departure time, subject to fare difference.
- Premium Flatbed counter is dedicated for your convenience.
- Priority Boarding allows you to board the plane ahead of others.
- Priority Baggage allows you to get your baggage before everyone else after touchdown.
- Enjoy AirAsia Premium Red Lounge Access when you’re departing from KLIA2. Sit back, chill and even catch up on unfinished business (up to 3 hours per lounge access) before continuing your journey.
- Enjoy access to hours of movies, TV series, music, games, and magazines-all with the Xcite Inflight Entertainment. The Xcite tab is available on AirAsia X (D7) flights only except to/from New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Nepal and United States.
- Travel Insurance by Tune Protect provides one Hour On-Time Guarantee and Baggage Delay. The coverage only applies to all direct flights departing from selected countries. It is not applicable for Fly-Thru, island and city transfers. Please also note that flights between Kuala Lumpur and Auckland / Honolulu / Dhaka are not applicable. Tune Protect Travel-AirAsia is underwritten by local insurance partners depending on your first departure country.
So, which one worth it? Well, I think it is pretty obvious, at least from the features and prices comparison point of view. Why not try both and tell me your experience? Head to Malaysia Airlines or AirAsia to book your flights now!